Billing for Private Music & Acting Lessons
* Payment will be due at the beginning of the month for all lessons that will occur during that month. All students are required to place a credit card on file. (We unfortunately do not accept American Express). Tuition will automatically by charged on the 1st of the month. There are no late fees to worry about.
* There will be no pro-rations for lesson missed. That mean that if a child wants to study on Wednesday at 4:00 and there are 4 lessons in the month they will owe payment for all 4 lessons. Even if they choose to miss 3 of the lessons due to illness or vacation. There is also no refund or deduction in the fee if a makeup lesson is not accepted. Your tuition guarantees that we will hold a time slot open for a particular student. (Please see makeup lesson rules & studio vacation). The only exception to this rule would be if a teacher needs to cancel a lesson due to illness, dangerous & inclement weather or studio vacation...in this situation you would have the right to either accept a makeup lesson or prorate the following month.
* Any student who has not paid their fees by the 15th or is regularly absent will be removed from the schedule.
* We are a year round studio. Our studio runs month to month from September 2rd to June 30th. Through the months of July & August (until the fall schedule is in affect) we enter into "summer sessions" where students are allowed to sign up for individual classes or can continue to study one a week. I will send out more information about summer sessions in May.
Cancellation Policy & Missed Classes
1. All students are allowed a makeup lesson for a missed class as long as student provides a 24 hour notice or are absent due to serious illness or injury. . Cancellation notices are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org so that there is a time/date stamp. Cancellations due to illness that are less than 24 hours in advance will be given a makeup lesson with a doctor's or nurses note. (If you are eligible for a makeup lesson you will need to fill out a makeup lesson request sheet). All makeup lessons must be completed within one month of the missed lesson unless approved,in advance, by Turning Pointe. Makeup Lessons cannot be used in lieu of regular tuition.
2. If a class is cancelled due to teacher illness or an unforeseen circumstance the Turning Pointe will automatically allow the student to either arrange for a makeup lesson or pro-rate for the missed lesson the following month.
3. If a student wishes to discontinue or change their study of dance or music we must receive a written-notice of cancellation or change 30 days in advance.
4. We do follow the Char-Mecklenburg Inclement Weather School Cancellation Schedule. Please visit our website to see if classes are cancelled.
Recital & Registration Fees
* * There is a $40.00 non-refundable registration fee for each student enrolled in classes/ $35 for returning students.
* Recital is TBA. Participation in recital is not mandatory but is highly encouraged. Please let me know before December 30th if a student will be unable to attend! There is a $20 recital venue fee taken out on April 1st and all accompanist fees are also due May 1st.
* Winter Performance is TBA. More information will follow.
* Students should arrive promptly at their lesson! Please call the studio if you are running late. We start and end each lesson on time. If you arrive early please feel free to sit in lobby & wait for your lesson. Parents are also free to sit in the lobby area while they wait for their child to finish.
* All students participating in either recital or winter performance need to attend dress rehearsal unless arranged for, in advance, by your teacher. Dress. rehearsal is extremely important in preparation for performing. Vocalists need to practice with their accompanist in advance ad pianists need a dry run before going on stage.